Wednesday, September 5

Patience is a virtue

The movie Evan Almighty, although fun and entertaining, was very insightful as well. In one particular exchange between God and Evan’s wife, God asks her, "when man pray and ask for patience or courage, does God give them courage or patience or does God put then in a situation where they can become courageous/patient?"

Last Monday, my mom and I had an agreement that I will fetch her in the mall after she does her grocery and that will be after office hours. I sent her SMS to confirm late in the afternoon but there was no reply and when I called the house, the house helper told me she left early to go to the mall. It pissed me off. Wala man lang pasabi and knowing me – I do my scheduling and really organize my to-do’s for the day. Yesterday, was something similar. She sent me SMS telling me to go to the mall since she’s there buying something. I got it minutes after she sent it so I was trying to call her to confirm (malay ko ba baka naka-alis na). She’s rejecting my calls then eventually was not answering it. I remembered reading in Didache that in situations like these, we also need to think of the other person. What if something bad happened that is why s/he cannot reply (or can’t call, was late etc.). I was able to fetch her but there were a lot of miscommunication in between. Another similar incident happened this morning (related to my earlier blog entry) and it’s still my mom involved.

This morning, I was early in the office but I just stayed inside the car for about 15 minutes. I kept on praying asking for patience and then it dawned on me what God said to Evan and his wife. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger melitrix said...

I like your entry Rena, gives us a different perspective on asking for patience and courage. Miss you na..

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

Yep, sometimes a little talking to myself helps me get that different 'perspective' at times. See you Thurs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home