Saturday, November 11

What if

So many things to do yet so little time.
When I was in college, I said to myself I want to pursue a career in dance. To be a professional dancer and be known in this field. It was really a choice of whether to pursue a career in the corporate world or in the field of arts. For 9 years I've been in the corporate world. At the back of my mind, everytime I watch shows/concerts or even movies, I would always ask myself the 'what if.' Even when I was planning to take my Masters, I was considering pursuing a course in dance instead. It is really my passion but the big question is....WHY CAN'T I PURSUE IT? If it's really what I want, how come I'm not doing anything to make this dream a reality? Not that there were no opportunities. In fact, there were a lot. I even mentioned it here that I got an offer to teach.
Maybe I'm just scared because dancing, in my opinion, is not a stable job as compared to what the corporate world offers therefore I can't just risk it. Or maybe I'm not that good that is why I don't have the confidence to pursue it. Or it's a combination of both. Or there are no dance studios located near my place that's why I dont get the chance. Just last week I went to a near-by mall to check if the dance studio was still open only to find out that it transferred to Cubao. That's quite far and here I go again, making all the lame excuses why I can't just be there.
I really hope that one day i get to pursue this dream --while I still can or forever I'll be asking the question, "what if."

3 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

Game ako sa dancing na yan!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

Sagot ko hawla!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

a..e...ibang dancing ata yan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home