Monday, August 21

The Road Less Travelled

My father is going to receive his service award this coming Friday (since he just retired a few months ago). We were invited to attend and of course I will be there. Aside from the food, this is my way of thanking him. He may not be the 'best' father there is but I know he tried to be one. I am not who I am right now if not for him. There are a lot of things I've learned from my father. He is the type who never really sits down with me and my sister to have a serious talk. But his simple remarks or comments are his ways of sharing to us his thoughts. A friend who was once a co-worker of my father said we look alike. I've tried figuring this out but I really can't see the resemblance. He is a good-looking person (no one will ever thought that he is "A" grandfather already), thin and tall!!!!! To Lolo Papa Boy (long story why I call him that way), thank you for....
1. teaching me how to swim.
2. for the words of wisdom that opened my eyes to the realities of life
3. for providing me with a good education, sending me to a private school though we can't afford it, for being there when I received rewards and recognition in school
4. for treating me as "jr." -- yeah, i grew up like a boy -- used boy slippers, wore shirts and shorts and sported a boy's cut as I grew up

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

Ey congrats to your dad. Ang sweet naman, you wrote about him. Buti pa sha, now in retirement bliss. Tayo super tagal pa.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

hay sinabi mo pa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home