Friday, August 25

Blog & Speech

I am not really fond of writing nor of reading. I remember gradeschool till highschool days during summer when I wonder why my sister is so interested in reading Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and the likes. I asked myself how can she manage to read a thick book without falling asleep? And if it's not a book, it's any foreign magazine or reader's digest. When you see me reading one, for sure it has something to do with schoolwork (book reports). No wonder my English hasn't improved that much. In fact, I felt I was better when I was in highschool. Now, I'm having difficulty composing messages (like this one) and that is the basic reason why I am into blooging. I feel that this is my way to improve my grammar, sentence construction, form and even style.
How is it related to speech? To be able to come up with a good (prepared0 speech, it has to be written well. I also believed that the way you say things has something to do with how you process your thoughts, which is what you do in writing. I recently joined Toastmasters and I have to admit, just the thought of delivering impromptu speeches makes me jitter.
So the improvement plan? improve my writing skill to improve my 'verbal' comm skills :-)

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger donna_chocnut said...

Naks, Toastmasters! Galing naman you joined that group. Meron din dito sa office but I don't think I'll ever have the nerve to join. Mas gusto kong magsulat kesa magsalita. Have fun!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

that's required my dear :-( good thing I'm usd to 'talking' but it's different when you always have to make sense...harharhar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home