Thursday, March 31

A Learning and A Discovery

Joseph sent me an email entitled, "As I mature, I learned that ....." 21 days from now, I'll be turning a year older (a simple way to give you guys a hint and if you're a friend...ehem...my gift :-) and as always, I will try to retrospect and discover my own learnings as well.

Then last monday, a co-worker shared to me his sentiments about feeling left-out in the group.

What's my point here....that being INDEPENDENT is something I learned the hard way. It was a painful experience. I felt that time, no one understands me, I felt offended when friends and family were not available to accompany me. I experienced eating alone during breaks in the office, going to the mall on my own (which I normally won't do because i always like to ask the opinion of others and i want to chat with someone while walking around). In short, i've been a loner for quite some time. But I am so proud of how it molded me as a mature and strong person. I learned to appreciate those people who have always been there -- those I took for granted. So, issues like 'feeling left-out' has not affected me anymore. My attitude towards these things has changed and even the way I interact with people has changed.

So many changes, so many learnings...and as I enter into a new decade of my life, I know there'll be more!

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

To combat feelings of being "left out", just install the latest version of NBA LIVE!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

yeah...yeah...but we're not allowed to download such programs. Thanks to the great firewall of UK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home