Monday, February 28

February 19,2005

Scenario: It was after my saturday class, I was so hungry. So as soon as I entered the house I asked,

Moi: Ma, what's for lunch?

Then the maid answered...

Maid: TinOOOOOOlang Manok!

I asked her to repeat what she just said. I might have hearing problems so I even asked her to write it down and this she wrote: TINULANG Manok. In my earnest desire to improve the communication skill of our housekeeper,

Moi: Kunin mo nga yung cookbook...hanapin mo nga yung ulam na sinasabi mo.

She opened the cookbook, scanned the pages then showed it to me.

Moi: Iba yan eh, tingnan mo TinOlang Manok yan (with a stress on the letter O). Yung sayo letter U, TinUlang Manok

She then gave me a big smile

Moi: Sige nga ulitin mo, ano ang ulam ngayon?
Maid: Tinolang Manok, Ati!
Moi: Ano uli?
Maid: Ay! Tinolang Manok, Ate!

....and that ladies and gentlemen is just one of our English/Grammar sessions :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home