Monday, December 27

so slooooowww...

I spent 7 hours in the internet last night (till the wee hours of the morning) just sending/uploading pictures and downloading pics from my my digicam. Imagine that! I was hoping that since it's 1am,uploading and emailing will be faster but nope, that wasn't the case. I shared the story to my friend, Encho, and he has the same sentiments. It took him more than an hour to send around 10 pix. Mind you, he's already a techy person. Does it have something to do with my ISP (since I'm a prepaid card user)? I'm not really an internet person that's why I prefer using prepaid cards. I have an access in the office but it's difficult to do personal stuff especially when my boss is around. So, I took advantage of this xmas break, but I can't believe how slooooowwww this thing works. In fact, I slept over it and after an hour, still not yet done. What I learned from this activity???? How to multi-task!!! Good that I have a spare card here, if not, I might have cried when at 2am this suddenly popped up in my screen ----> "Unable to establish connection. Verify username and password."

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

You should have called Technical Support (ahem! ahem!)

Seriously, the trick I think is to pick a relatively new brand when buying prepaid cards. Less subscribers, less traffic.

And then, it's always faster when you connect during off-peak hours like 3 AM.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

Not at 3am...I'm in the office :-)
Using a new provider? I did that but still, Bonanze is the fastest. I think it has something to do with my landline connection, Globelines :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home