Saturday, September 18

Rocking on Top

I was in the office when intensity 6 hit Manila. I was conducting a seminar then with our new hires. We were watching a video presentation when we felt the whole building was swaying. Oh yes, being in the 32nd floor, we sure felt it! The tables and chairs were dancing and we were literally bouncing from our chairs. Being the facilitator of the seminar I have to remind everyone not to panic, orient them on the nearest fire exists and wait for management's instructions if an evacuation is needed. I have to admit I got nervous. I just cant imagine running down, passing through 32 floors. I am claustrophobic and at the same time I have vertigo problems.
When i went back to the room, i found the rest praying. I guess that was the 1st thing I should have done. I'm still thankful nothing bad happened.
The next day, I was telling everyone (my family and former officemates) about the earthquake but it seems that they were all enjoying their sleep.


2 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Rabbit said...

I was awake! My mind, however, was so slow that I thought my electric fan was causing my large speakers to sway.

Now that I think about it, what a big fan it must been to be able to do that. Silly me.

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might be the effect of the earthquake...inalog utak mo..ahihihi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home