Sunday, September 5

SM…what happened to you???

SM malls, particularly SM Makati, used to be my fave mall. I grew up knowing this mall -- from my underwear, to socks, school bags, name it! It was the only shopping place I knew then. It was a glory when Megamall opened. Imagine, a mall that has almost everything and is only 10 minutes away from home! Back in college, when I need to review for an exam I would watch the LFS (while eating McDo chicken sandwich…yum yum), to keep me awake. When I reach home, my folks are about to sleep, just the perfect time to start studying.

Fast forward….the place is now a nightmare to me particularly SM City and SM Manila! I swear, I’ll never go back to these places. Overcrowded (can take the crown from Divisoria), lacks ventilation and very noisy (hail to all those loud music coming from all stores). To add, here’s a conversation I had with one of the Customer Service Representatives.

Me: Hi, where is Carolina located?
CSR (SM): (looks at her logbook/folder of list of establishments. After 2 minutes….)
Sorry miss wala niyan dito.
Me: Okay, so what textile stores do you have here?
CSR: Textile? Diba damit yun?
Me: Tindahan nang tela, meron?
CSR: (looks at her logbook/folder again, picks up the phone, stares at me –she seems lost)
Ay, wala ho yatang nagtitinda dito nang tela
Me: Are you sure?
CSR: Pasok na lang ho kayo nang department store tapos itanong niyo sa sales lady.

When everybody else is highlighting on customer service as a differentiating factor, here goes this CSR. I wonder how come she’s stationed there. I go to malls to unwind, feel relaxed. Now, do you think I’ll be able to do that given that scenario??? No!!!!! That’s why I’d like to thank those brains behind Powerplant Rockwell, Shangri-la EDSA mall and Eastwood in Libis -- just a few minutes from my place. Yun nga lang, expensive din ang goodies. Sagot na nang Greenhills yan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home