Monday, January 2

How was the year 2005?

As I welcome 2006, I like to look back at 2005….

Career – The reason why 2005 happened so fast was work. I have tried all schedules possible - night shift, day shift and mid-shift. It was my first time in my entire career life that I experienced working the whole day (and that was literally speaking). I’ve been here for more than a year but it seems like years, ages! I’ve been very much exposed to other HR work, was asked to handle tasks which I thought I cant, and I was able to gain more confidence in what I do. There were frustrations – asking myself if I made the right decision. I also met new friends who left the company soon. Looking forward, I think it’s about time to really ask myself what is it that I want in terms of my career. Of course I know the answer but it’s more of, is this really for me? Do I see my goals getting realized here, soon?

Family – Oh, everyone is great. Nobody got sick nor had serious problems. My family is very supportive -- in my career, love life and even shopping. There are some “dysfunctionalities” but I guess that is normal.

Love life – It was a good year in terms of our relationship. We had fights and misunderstandings but I think we have matured to understand and accept the ‘givens’ in our life. Our relationship gave me a different perspective of life.


Babies – My baby KitKat is still in school and also MST. TikTak is very eager to go to school this year. I still have to assess since he is a hyperactive baby. My babies are growing in numbers. New addition to the family is BADONG (short for Baby Dong), who I met when I was in Cebu (now you know where the name came from).

Friends – I haven’t seen much of my college and high school friends. We had a reunion but I wasn’t able to attend due to schoolwork. I just stay close to my ‘inner circle’ – I don’t need many but those who are only true, honest and accept me for who I am.

School – I can’t overemphasize what happened. Just check previous entry. This term, I am scheduled to defend my STRAMA paper. Will I get my MBA degree?

That’s it folks. I still have a long list of my new year’s resolution. I’ll see in my year-end 2006 blog if I was able to accomplish/follow them. In the mean time, good luck for 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home