Saturday, June 7

Retrospect

There are a lot of things I've been thinking of these past few days. I am the type who does a lot of 'giving feedback' to myself. I really spend time looking at the things I wrote, things I said I want to accomplish and if I see that these things are not happening then I would ask myself why and try to look back - what have I done?
This is a tiring exercise -- Christian would always say mentally draining. I remember in my friendster account, someone gave that testimonial to me. That I tend to ask a lot of 'why' and I really dont stop until I get the answer.
For several years doing this exercise, there are some discoveries:
1 - There are questions that will be left unanswered even how hard you try.
2 - I agree that sometimes only time can tell (answer) some of these questions
3 - Stop looking at your circle of concerns (read: blaming others) why it didn't happen yet to widen the circle of influence (read: what I can do)
4 - Related to #3, being pro-active is very difficult. It really takes a lot of discipline to always remind yourself
5 - Be thankful for people who are willing to do some process-mapping with you :-)

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The best people who could also give you feedback are the people who have the ability to objectively assess where you are and where you'd like to go.

Also keep in mind that life isn't about measurements, it's about being happy and at peace while going through your inner journey. If these aren't present in your life right now, then look at the relationships and other non material aspects surrounding you.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger The Mermaid said...

hard to find people who can give objective feedback :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home